Check out our beautiful family. Randy has been getting some freelance graphic design jobs from a realtor in Plano. He loves creating new branding for people. I love watching his ideas come to fruition. God has really given him an awesome talent. One of my former co-workers wants him to come up with a painting for his sister's birthday. He's going to be doing a painting for our pastor's birthday and my mom's 65th birthday. He's going to be a very busy man!!
Ethan will be starting the 2nd grade next Monday, August 25th. He's very excited about getting back to school, but nervous about the new school and not knowing anybody. He's so outgoing so I don't think he'll have any trouble making new friends. He's my little peacemaker. He was bullied in both kinder and first and somehow managed to turn his tormentors into best friends!! What a sweet spirit the Father has given him. Now, if he would just use that gift in his relationship with Jeremiah!! Brothers! Boys!! We took him in for his 7 year check up last Friday and was told he has 20/40 vision and to take him to an eye doctor. He went today and he's nearsighted with a slight astigmatism, like me. He picked out his own frames and since his favorite color is red, he picked out red frames. A little girl in the office said they looked great, so I'll go with that. I'll send a picture next week after we get them back.
Well, we've been potty training Jeremiah for the past couple of weeks and it's been very interesting. At first, he had many accidents with No 1. He's pretty much conquered that, except at night. It's No 2 we're having troubles with. Moms, if you've got any suggestions, please share. I have never seen a child act this way when he needed to go No 2. He will run around holding his britches and doing something similar to the "peepee dance". We've titled this new movement the "poopoo dance", sorry but he's a 3 year old. He will then proceed to shout, I need to lay down, I need to lay down. Mommy/Daddy/Ethan, rub my tummy. After this going on for a few seconds, we try to coax him into the bathroom, which always results in a huge dramatic production that could rival any Broadway production. (I'm not really sure where this gene came from!!) The child has an amazing spincter muscle because we do this routine for about an hour or more some days before he will actually relax enough to go in the potty. Afterwards, we celebrate and remind him that he will always feel better once he's done. So, next time you think it will be easier, no way, not with this child! We are at our wits end.
Since we've moved into the new apartment, both boys love to go to the pool and swim. Ethan has become a little fish (I think the swim gene comes from both sides of the gene pool). Jeremiah, not so much. We can't get him off the steps that lead into the water. He has, on ocassion, ducked his head under the water, so that's an improvement. They both have nice tans, with white bottoms...so cute!! Could we have a little Michael Phelps in our midst...stay tuned.
I will be starting classes again next week as well. Thankfully, I will be able to take both classes online, which will allow for more time with the family and I won't have to leave work early, which has always seemed to cause a little friction with some people.
That's pretty much what we've been doing lately and what's coming up.
Have a great day!
2 comments:
Hey Staples family!!
It's so great that you started a family blog. The boys are growing up so fast. I cannot believe how much JT is talking and how funny Ethan is..quite the sense of humor!
I think he will like having glasses. It was a major help for Bryan when he got his. It was around the same time..second grade. It's a huge responsibility but we have given Bryan something to look forward to...CONTACTS!!! as long as his eyes are right for them. Before he goes to junior high..we are going to fit him for contacts. As long as he continues to be responsible with his glasses. We have had some issues...kids making fun of him and such. But we remind him of how God made him so it doesn't matter what they think...to love them even though they show meanness. So far he has made 2 really good friends out of it all.
As far as the potty thing with JT...find what works and go with it!!! I have told you what my boys have all done. And Bryan is almost 11 yrs old...still has some emotional attachment to it, lol.
Well I love y'all and will see you sometime while I'm in Dallas. It's been really nice coming over for supper and fellowship. Next time I must cook for y'all.
Love ya,
Ann
Hello, Randy and Mary! I've not met you, Mary, but I'm thrilled to meet you thru your family blog and say hello. What a beautiful family you have! My nephews are about the same ages, and they are a couple of my greatest joys. Blessings to you all.
Sandy
Post a Comment